Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. We will work with you every step of the way to make sure your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible.
During your initial consultation, we will:
• Review your dental and medical history forms
• Perform a complete oral exam to determine whether treatment is necessary
• Review treatment options, if indicated
• Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
• We will be glad to answer any questions you may have and provide all the information you need to determine the right treatment for you. Please contact our practice to schedule your complimentary initial consultation.
How long does it take to put braces on?
Depending on your treatment, it may take two or three appointments to get all your braces on. Each appointment generally takes about 45-60 minutes, and during this time we will be available to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
Visiting the orthodontist for adjustments every four to six weeks is an important part of your treatment. For Invisalign patients, they will usually need to come in every eight to ten weeks so we can assess treatment progress. We will do our best to work with you to make your appointments as convenient as possible; however, longer appointments may need to be scheduled at a different time.
We understand that “life happens”! If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know as soon as possible.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist at least once every six months for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups, even during your orthodontic treatment. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure you receive the best possible care.